Earlier this month, I shared with you my 5 Fall Fitness Tips. Have you taken the steps necessary to start those 5 steps? If not, let me ask…what’s stopping you?
I want to share more tips with you today but these all build off of the previous 5 tips. When you are ready, which I know you are, continue with these steps.
- Start a weight training routine: You don’t need to lift every day but allow for strength training 2-3 times per week. This will help to speed up your basal metabolic rate (the rate your body burns calories at rest), strengthen your bones, and boost your endorphins.
- Cross-train: Vary your cardiovascular exercise choices and intensities often. Try inclining the treadmill, taking a HIIT (high-intensity work bouts followed by lower intensity recovery bouts that are timed ) class or try a new outdoor sport like hiking or biking.
- Pay attention to your form: Remember, it’s not what you do, it’s how you do it! Quality over quantity
- Be consistent with your workouts: A little bit often is better than a whole lot every now and then. Try to get movement in every day.
- Have fun: It’s good to have a destination but it’s more important to enjoy the journey along the way.