Question: How do you incorporate more movement into your daily schedule?
Answer: Remember that every little bit helps! Even if you have a desk job, studies have recently revealed that if you move, even at low intensity for 5 minutes every hour or 10 minutes every two, there are cardiovascular health benefits including lowered cholesterol, fasting blood sugar and blood pressure. It could be getting up from your desk and walking to get some water, doing some filing etc.
Here are some of my favorite tips to get more movement into your day:
- Set a timer on your phone to remind you to move each hour.
- Keep small fitness tools around your house so you can get a few reps or sets in no matter what room you are in
- Walk around the block before and after you eat dinner
- Take 1 bag of groceries into your home at a time
- During commercials, run up and down your stairs or do clock lunges
Also, read my latest blog to learn more about making small steps.